Shopping for a New Cooling System? Check These Options Out!
The hot and muggy weather has arrived in Hanahan, South Carolina. Hopefully, you have an efficient cooling system operating in your home. But if your air conditioner is on its last legs and you’re shopping for a new model, rest assured there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are three different types of cooling systems and an option for each:
A traditional air conditioning system is basically “half” a heat pump because it provides cool air but not warm. So if your home in Hanahan already has a fully functioning furnace and you need to cool a large home, you’ll want to invest in a high-quality central air conditioner. Here are some pros and cons of an AC installation:
- Handle extreme heat better than heat pumps or ductless mini-splits
- Provide a complete and effective cooling solution for your entire home
- Less energy efficient in moderate climates
- Cost more to operate than heat pumps or ductless mini-splits
The Infinity® 21 Central Air Conditioner is one of the best air conditioners on the market right now. It meets Energy Star’s strict guidelines for efficiency, and it has earned praise from Consumer’s Digest. The AC system includes two-stage compression, which helps you achieve a high operating efficiency without sacrificing comfort.
If you own a small home, you don’t need a central air conditioner to cool it. With the right help, a ductless mini-split can easily provide you with the cooling you need to survive through the summer. Ductless mini-splits are also great options for homeowners who are building a new home addition or converting a garage into a living space. Therefore, you won’t need to extend your home’s ductwork to cool these spaces.
- Don’t require a network of ducts to provide your space with cool air
- Multiple units can be installed to create climate control zones in a home
- A single unit doesn’t have the cooling capacity to cool a large home
- You have to mount it on the wall or ceiling, which can look unsightly
The Comfort™ Residential Ductless Highwall Air Conditioner System is designed for the budget-savvy homeowner. This cooling system includes a variable-speed compressor that achieves a 15 SEER rating, helping you enjoy a higher level of comfort without the added costs. It has four fan speeds and dehumidification capabilities for ultimate comfort control.
Heat pumps have two standard modes of operation. They can move warm air from outside into your home in the winter. They can also move warm air that’s inside your home outside in the summer. Heat pumps essentially work like how an air conditioner and a furnace would in tandem. As a result, you benefit from both cooling and heating when you invest in this type of system.
- One comprehensive system that provides both cool and warm air
- Greater efficiency and costs less to operate in a moderate climate
- Don’t work well in extremely hot or cold temperatures
- Higher upfront installation costs
The Infinity® 16 Heat Pump is an advanced HVAC system that includes some of the best comfort and energy-efficient features around. This model features a two-stage compressor, which ensures excellent cooling and heating efficiency. If you pair it with the Infinity control, you’ll achieve even greater energy savings and convenience.
Are you shopping for a new cooling system for your home? There are plenty of options available, including air conditioners, ductless mini-splits and heat pumps. Let Berkeley Heating and Air Conditioning help you decide which is right for your home. Contact us today at 843-277-6030 for expert service and excellent products.
Image provided by Thinkstock