Many modern home and business owners are recognizing the significant advantages of ductless HVAC technology. When they compare the various HVAC products on the market today, they clearly see the benefits of going ductless. Here are three of the primary reasons you might want to consider using ductless heating and cooling technology in your home or business:
Energy Efficiency of Ductless Systems
Once you’ve installed a ductless system in your home or business, you should soon begin noticing a significant reduction in your monthly utility bills. Thanks to their high degree of energy efficiency, ductless split- and mini-split HVAC systems provide improved comfort at a lower long-term cost. These 21st century indoor comfort solutions are being installed in more and more modern homes and commercial establishments, and are bringing high satisfaction ratings from the home and business owners who use them.
Ductless HVAC & Indoor Air Quality
Because most modern ductless solutions contain sophisticated indoor air quality control technology, these systems typically offer an environmental edge over ducted systems. Forced air systems have also been shown to release dust and other allergens and pollutants into the indoor air through the ductwork, an issue that will not occur with a ductless system.
Ductless Versatility & Convenience
Ductless HVAC systems offer many benefits that bring convenience and flexibility to your indoor comfort efforts. Several of these benefits follow:
- Less-invasive installation: Ductless systems are quick and easy to install, only requiring a small hole in the outside wall to accommodate the 3-inch conduit that runs between the indoor and outdoor units. For homes without ductwork, installing a duct system would not be necessary.
- Easier HVAC maintenance: Ductless systems are easier to maintain than ducted systems, only requiring filter changes and periodic cleaning of the coils.
- Zoned heating and cooling: Ductless systems let you independently control the temperature and other comfort-control factors in each zone.
- Heating and cooling options: Depending on your needs, you can choose a ductless AC unit, to provide cooling, or a ductless heat pump, to provide both heating and cooling.
- Primary or supplemental heating/cooling capability: Because as many as eight indoor air-handlers can be connected to a single multi-zone outdoor condenser unit, ductless systems can condition multiple rooms, or zones, making them feasible, in many climates, for use as a primary source of heating or cooling. Alternatively, single-zone systems can provide supplemental conditioning for a room addition or area of the home that receives inadequate heating or cooling from the primary HVAC system.
Let Us Help You Decide Whether Ductless is Right for You
The HVAC experts at Berkeley Heating & Air Conditioning in Mount Pleasant, SC, are here to help you stay comfortable in winter and summer. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have about ductless heating and cooling technology. Our HVAC specialists would be more than happy to help you determine whether going ductless might prove the most practical option for you.