Home Heating and Humidity in West Ashley SC
As a homeowner in West Ashley SC, dealing with issues related to home heating and humidity can be a frustrating experience. At Berkeley Heating and Air Conditioning we offer expert advice and professional services for home heating and humidity in West Ashley SC. As your local heating and cooling company, we have many years of experience in ensuring indoor comfort and providing efficient and cost effective solutions to all types of HVAC problems. Our heating and cooling service technicians explain how you can achieve ideal home heating and humidity levels in your West Ashley SC home.
Home Heating Maintenance Tips
In order to enjoy constant and consistent humidity levels and home heating, it is necessary to keep on top of home maintenance tasks. There are many heating system tasks that you can do yourself which will help ensure your comfort throughout the winter months. These easy tasks include:
- Keep stored items away from the furnace or air handler – These mechanical systems need several feet of clearance in order to properly ventilate. Keep boxes and other items at least three to four feet away.
- Check the air filter every month – The air filter quickly becomes clogged with dust, dirt, pet dander and other debris. As the pores become filled, the heated air is less able to flow into the ductwork and rooms of your home. Slide the filter out each month and check whether it is dirty. If it is dirty, clean it if it is reusable or replace it if it is disposable.
- Check the condensate line – The condensate line helps with humidity control. A clog or obstruction in this pipe can let water back up into the furnace or heat pump, resulting in a system malfunction and serious damage to the motor or fan.
Professional Preventive Maintenance for Humidity Control and Heating Systems – Each fall before the cold weather visits the area, schedule a preventive maintenance service visit for your furnace or heat pump. Our preventive maintenance will ensure the effective, efficient and safe operation of your heating equipment. This service visit will include:
- Complete system inspection
- Cleaning and lubrication of motors and fans
- Checking coolant levels for heat pumps
- Checking pilot light, burners and gas line supply for gas furnaces
- Verification of thermostat settings
- Inspection of wiring and control panels
- Air filter replacement
If humidity control is still a concern in your home this winter, we can install a built in humidifier that will work in conjunction with your gas or electric furnace or your heat pump.
When your home needs professional heating services, our team at Berkeley Heating is here for you. Our professional service technicians offer maintenance and repairs for all types of home heating and humidity issues. From expert advice to emergency repairs, we do it all. By offering you the best in class customer service for home heating and humidity in West Ashley SC, we hope that you will continue to contact us for all of your future heating and air conditioning needs.