Can Your Pets Affect Your Indoor Air Quality in Hanahan, SC?
Whether we have birds, cats, dogs or rabbits, we love our cute companions. Sadly, even though there are several health advantages to owning a pet, such as decreased blood pressure, it turns out they might not be that great for indoor air quality. Read on if you’re wondering how pets can affect your indoor air quality in Hanahan, SC.
How Do Pets Affect Air Quality?
As cute and loving as our canine, feline and other little furry pet buddies may be, they affect the quality of our indoor air. Their dander and fur become airborne and accumulates on furniture and the floors. The dander may also stay in the air before you breathe.
Not only that, but dander and fur collect in your filters. When the filters become clogged, the system works harder and spreads the fur and dander around the home again.
How to Keep Your Indoor Air Healthy
There are several ways to keep your indoor air healthy if you have pets. These include:
- Bathing your pets regularly to reduce dander buildup.
- Brushing them to remove fur that accumulates in the air and around the house.
- Giving them their own bed to reduce the amount of fur and dander on your bedding and pillows.
- Dusting regularly to prevent dander, fur and dust buildup.
- Sweeping and vacuuming a couple of times per week.
Available Solutions We Offer
At Berkeley Heating & Air Conditioning, we offer an array of air quality solutions that address the breath-ability of your indoor environment. Some of the solutions we offer include:
- Air purifiers that capture pathogens such as bacteria and viruses.
- Air filters that trap and remove particulates from the air.
- Humidifiers and dehumidifiers that help keep your home at the appropriate humidity level.
- Carbon monoxide alarms that alert you to the presence of toxic carbon monoxide.
- UV lamps for your cooling system that kill microorganisms.
- Ventilators that move stale indoor air outdoors and bring in the fresh air.
While pets are one cause of indoor air pollution, keep in mind that they are also affected by it as well. They can’t run a vacuum cleaner or sweep, so it’s up to you to keep the house clean for the both of you. If you’re worried about your indoor air quality, contact us at Berkeley Heating and Air Conditioning today to schedule an appointment.
Image provided by iStock