Professional Maintenance is Important for Your HVAC System
If you take care of your HVAC system, it will provide you with more years of efficient service. There are several tasks that you can undertake to enhance system performance, but professional seasonal inspections for your HVAC system are very important.
Why Call a Professional?
Cleaning the air filter is one of the main tasks you can adopt in helping with the maintenance of your system. Cleaning or replacing your filter is very easy, and it helps to keep air flowing efficiently through your system. However, most other tasks require professional attention.
- A professional has received training and has years of experience and developed expertise to effectively tackle HVAC system problems.
- Your technician has the right tools to properly analyze and repair your system.
- A trained professional knows to troubleshoot and test areas you might not have considered or even know exist.
- Special certifications are needed for tasks such as handling refrigerants. A qualified HVAC technician will know how to safely undertake various tasks.
What Professional Maintenance Entails
Your HVAC technician will perform a variety of services including:
- Cleaning the evaporator coils – If coils are covered by dust or other debris they won’t transfer heat effectively.
- Cleaning the outdoor condenser and straightening any bent fins – Keep this area clean and keep overgrowth and clutter away from the sides and top of the outdoor component.
- Keeping the unit’s condensate drain clear – When water pools in the condensate drain, it can cause mold and mildew growth, which can invade the system and end up polluting your indoor air.
Routine maintenance is recommended during the fall and spring. At least once per year can make a difference with your system. Having your system checked by a professional helps to reduce wear and tear, and helps to extend the life of the system. Your technician will be able to address problems quickly so that you can avoid system malfunction and expensive repairs.
Berkeley Heating and Air Conditioning has a qualified and experienced team that can provide effective and reliable service. Call us at 843-277-6030 to schedule an appointment to make sure your furnace is ready for the weather in the Hanahan area this winter.
Image Provided by Shutterstock.