When warm temperatures hit South Carolina, Charleston residents head inside to seek relief from the heat. Because you and your family spend so much time inside during the summer, you’ll want to make sure your home is clean and safe. This summer cleaning checklist will get your home in tip-top shape and bring you peace of mind knowing that your summer refuge is clean inside and out.
Because South Carolina temperatures heat up quickly, it’s best to do these cleaning projects early in the season or in the morning:
- Clean windows, screens and shutters.
- Clean and seal driveway.
- Scrub decks and porches.
These jobs are ideal for tackling in mid-afternoon because you can do them in air-conditioned comfort:
- Clean bathroom and kitchen exhaust fans to increase airflow.
- Drain and flush water heater.
- Vacuum mattresses and box springs; flip mattresses.
- Organize and wipe down pantry shelves.
- Clean closet, window and door tracks.
- Wipe down light fixtures and shades.
A thorough house cleaning includes cleaning the HVAC system in your Charleston home. Here are some HVAC cleaning tasks that will keep your family feeling cool and breathing easy:
- Clean or change air filters.
- Wash return air vents and floor registers.
- Inspect, clean and seal ductwork.
- Vacuum the coils and clean or replace the filter on AC window units.
Hopefully, you’ve already had a spring HVAC maintenance checkup to ensure your air conditioner is ready for the summer season. If not, it’s not too late to call Berkeley Heating & Air Conditioning for a complete AC tuneup. Our technicians carry NATE certification, so you can relax knowing that an expert is caring for your system.
To learn more about how an HVAC maintenance agreement can help you with your summer cleaning list, check out Berkeley Heating & Air Conditioning’s HVAC maintenance services or call (843) 277-6030. We service Carrier and other name brand AC equipment used in the Charleston area.